Saturday, January 4, 2014

Oracle Think Tank - Goddess of the Sun Amaterasu Deck Profile

Hello all, it's been a while since my introduction post and I don't really have much to say for myself since, while half of it was due to the holidays and other obligations taking up time, the other half was just me plain procrastinating.

Moving on, I was originally going to be starting a mini-series with this post, but that will be put on hold until I can take the time to plan it out more. In the meantime however, I shall present to you all a deck I recently completed a few weeks ago and have been having a lot of fun with. Also, this deck was inspired by a similar decklist by a good member of the Cardfight Vanguard wiki, Xeamnz, so do go check out his rendition of the deck too if you're interested. With that said, onto the decklist!




Grade 0 (17)
1x Supple Bamboo Princess, Kaguya (fvg)
4x Sphere Magus (heal)
4x Psychic Bird (critical)
2x Oracle Guardian, Nike (critical)
4x Emergency Alarmer (stand)
2x Battle Sister, Assam (stand)

Grade 1 (15)

4x Battle Maiden, Sayorihime
4x Dark Cat
4x Oracle Guardian, Gemini
3x Battle Sister, Chocolat

Grade 2 (12)

3x Battle Deity, Susanoo
1x Battle Sister, Mocha
4x Blue Scale Deer
4x Maiden of Libra

Grade 3 (7)

4x CEO Amaterasu
3x Goddess of the Sun, Amaterasu

Now this decklist (as well as Xeamnz's decklist if you saw his) may raise some questions for some of you, but rest assured, all of the cards in our decks are well thought out. First of all, the main strategy of this deck, similar to Xeamnz's deck, is to apply as much pressure on the opponent as you can with on-shit skills and force them to choose what to guard, and what not to guard. For attacks that don't have on-hit skills, even if it's the vanguard attack, it will almost always go at the rearguard (assuming the opponent has any that is) and the stand triggers help to apply even more pressure on the opponent.

As for my selection of first vanguard, I picked Kaguya because she is able to move back into the soul without using any counterblast since this deck already uses a lot of counterblast as is. Most of you may wonder why I have only three copies of Goddess of the Sun when she's the namesake of the deck, but I find that CEO Amaterasu's soulcharge skill, along with Dark Cat, help you get to those three copies a lot more easily than in most decks, so three copies is just fine in my opinion. And for the grade 2 slots, the singleton Mocha may seem odd in light of the fact that I have not maxed out on Susanoo, but there are two reasons for that. The first is plain and simple; I don't have a fourth Susanoo and don't feel bothered enough to get another one. The other reason is that it gives me a unit that can attack for 11k or higher before I reach grade 3, unlike Susanoo which requires me to be at grade 3 before he can attack for 12k.

Overall, this is a pretty fun deck that's also fairly budget as well ($100 or less depending on the cost of the cards in your area), so I recommend you try it out if you get the chance since this is a kind of deck that's not seen very often!

No comments:

Post a Comment