Friday, November 16, 2018

Chara Expo USA Results

Hello Cardfighters!  Major Spades with a tournament report from Chara Expo USA.  It was good but not great.  Bushiroad could have done better.  What topped it off was the Roselia concert, but I was sad that they never sang Heroic Advent and Legendary.  Overall it was ok.  My tournament experience was ok.  I got top 60 out of around 600 people for Vanguard standard.  I entered with OTT and my build has changed from the last deck profile I posted a while ago.  Grade 3's are the same, but my grade 2's and 1's have changed.  I run 4 Promise Daughter and 3 of each Yellow Witch Meme and Goddess of Insight Sotoorihime and 1 Battle Sister Torte.  Grade 1's are 4 Circle Magus, 4 Farfelle Magus, 2 Luck Bird and 2 Gemini.  Trigger line up is still the same 8 critical, 4 draw and 4 heal.  Lets get to my tournament experience.
©2018 Bushiroad USA Inc.
Round 1 was against Kagero and I lost.  I survived one Waterfall turn, and I got my opponent to one card in hand due to my turn deering my opponent.  When it got to his turn, he rode another Dragonic Waterfall and had a Gias in hand and played it.  He swung at me for 63k with critical with a sentinel prevention, and he put Gias in the soul.  I swear that was his 4th Gias so now his vanguard has 3 critical, and I am at 2 damage.  In my head, I am like I will be fine if I will be at 5 damage.  I couldn't guard it so opponent's first drive check was a critical and second nothing.  So GG I died due to RNG.

Round 2 I won against another Kagero deck, but my opponent never rode Waterfall, so I had the opportunity to rush him with rear guards and pressuring him with Imperial Daughter rides until I got my deer turn and killed him from there.

Round 3 I won against a good friend of mine who is using Royal Paladin.  My opponent rode Exculpate the Blaster and wiped my entire field, but I had plenty of protect and perfect guards.  After his Exculpate and Blaster Blade play was over, I rode into an Imperial Daughter over another, and I got to do my Victorious Deer play and killed my opponent after that.

Round 4 I won against Megacolony.  My opponent kept dropping my units -5k every time he has 2 counterblast.  However, I had a steady ride chain of riding my Imperial Daughters.  I kept pressuring him with my Imperial Daughter plays.  When I looked at the top 2 cards of the deck due to Imperial Daughter's skill, I got a deer in hand and put a critical on the top of the deck, and I played the deer and got two criticals from it, and my opponent wasn't able to guard everything.  I feel kind of bad beating my opponents to deer cause OTT just forge luck and I felt kind of dirty doing that.

Round 5 I won against Murakumo.  He G-assisted at grade 1 and took out a trigger and a Zanbaku.  He kept the Mandala Lord in hand hoping to draw into the Zanbaku.  I was able to keep taking out his rear guards and counterblast starving him until he was sitting on Mandala Lord for the whole game, so I went all out on his Vanguard and deered him and won the game.  If he had Zanbaku I would have been screwed.

Round 6 I lost to Granblue because even tough I kept riding into Imperial Daughter and keep getting protect gifts, my opponent keeps riding Baskirk.  We were both riding and getting protect markers over and over but I lost all the hand and the protect gifts cause Baskirk gets really big and Skull Dragon is a thing.  He beat me by ridiculous numbers on his Skull Dragon each turn plus even if I deered my opponent, he had hand for days.

Round 7 I lost to a cocky OTT player.  I heard from other people that he is a big rule shark, but he wasn't to me he was just really cocky which ticks me off.  He interrupts me when I attack his vanguard by dropping his protect and perfect guards from my deer turn.  The game went long, and I had 8 cards in deck and my opponent had 7.  The game will go into my favor by deck out, but when I attacked his Vanguard, I drove check a draw which got me into the danger zone for decking out.  The final result was that I decked out due to a draw trigger and my opponent sarcastically saying it was a close match even though he knew he won made me more ticked off.  I hate cocky players.

My last and final round I won against Kagero.  My opponent didn't ride Waterfall.  He rode into Novelle.  Yeah he damages me and wipes my board instead of my Promise Daughters.  I was protect gifting and perfect guarding his Vanguard till I got my deer turn and killed him with my Vanguard for over 50k with 4 damage coming.

So overall I went 5-3.  I was kind of sad I didn't top 8.  I could have won 2 if it weren't for RNG I could have squeezed into top 8 or higher.  Overall it was ok.  Chara Expo was fun with friends and the Roselia concert topped everything off.

No comments:

Post a Comment